At Physio.co.uk our physiotherapists are experienced at treating individuals with mobility problems. Our specialised neurological physiotherapists understand that independence is key to quality of life and mobility rehabilitation will help you lead a more fulfilling life after a neurological injury.
An initial assessment with your physiotherapist will assess you fully and will look at your range of movement and muscle strength in order to identify which muscles are weak and need building up. Your physiotherapist will then devise an appropriate exercise programme to get you back on your feet again.
Physiotherapy treatment at Physio.co.uk to facilitate mobility may include:-
- Exercises to strengthen muscles in the hip, knee and ankle.
- Teaching correct movement patterns for bed mobility, transfer from bed to chair, sit to stand and positions of comfort on the bed or chair
- Passive and active movements to increase joint range of movement and relieve stiffness
- Gait re-education with or without supportive equipment to make sure you are mobilising correctly and safely.
- Balance training to help improve confidence and reduce the risk of falling
- Activities to promote functional activities such as walking, stair climbing and getting in and out of the bath.
- Walking aid provision
- Hydrotherapy treatment to maximise your mobility in water and strengthen muscles
- Advice and support on orthotic devices and adaptive equipment
Physiotherapists also work with occupational therapists who can provide equipment for your home such as stair lifts, hand rails, and other assistive equipment for your bathroom and kitchen.
If you would like any more information on our mobility rehabilitation programmes or would like to make an appointment, please contact Physio.co.uk today by calling 0330 088 7800 or book online today!