Physiotherapy can be beneficial to any individual suffering from loss of independence. Physiotherapists at Physio.co.uk will help to provide the necessary treatment/equipment to help an individual to maintain independence as much as possible.
How can physiotherapy benefit you?
Physiotherapy can be beneficial for a person who has lost their independence in the following ways:
- Helping you to be more independent with your daily activities indoors such as brushing your teeth or eating food.
- Help you to become independent with your daily activities such as washing, dressing, cooking.
- Allowing you to continue independently.
- Make you feel more confident in coping independently.
- Reduce any anxiety you may have from loss of independence.
- Improving your strength, so you can continue more independently.
- Reduce your risk of injury around your home.
- Help you to feel comfortable with independently transferring.
What physiotherapy treatments help people who are experiencing a loss of independence?
There are various treatments that physiotherapists may carry out with people who experience a loss of independence. A structured program tailored to suit your needs will be developed so that you get the most out of your treatment. Your treatment at Physio.co.uk may involve:
- Upper body strengthening exercises.
- Upper body mobility exercises
- Active and passive stretching for the upper limb
- Provide you with necessary equipment to help you with your daily activities at home.
- Balance and co ordination work.
- Re education for your upper limbs.
- Re education of tasks involving the upper limb.
- Help to use preventative measures if necessary within your home
- Help to provide aids for your loss of independence to make you feel less anxious.
Loss of independence is when a person is unable to continue with everyday activities alone. The person becomes dependent on others to help them with normal activities. Physiotherapy can be beneficial to anyone who is suffering from loss of independence by making them more independent.
To book an appointment at Physio.co.uk or for further information on how we can help you to be more independent, please call 0330 088 7800.