What is meant by difficulty driving?
Difficulty driving is when a person struggles to drive a car independently. Difficulty driving can be a result of neurological problems. A person who is experiences this may find it hard to transfer into a car, turning their head whilst driving and changing gears.
How can physiotherapy benefit you?
Physiotherapy can be beneficial for a person who has difficulty driving in the following ways:
- Make you feel more confident in coping independently.
- Help you to become independent with transfers into a car.
- Help with stress and relaxation.
- Help you to feel at ease.
- Carry out a risk assessment.
- Help you to be less reliant on others.
What physiotherapy treatments help people who are experiencing difficulty driving?
There are various treatments that physiotherapists may carry out with people who experience difficulty driving. A structures program tailored to your needs will be developed between you and your physiotherapist so that you get the most out of your treatment. Your treatment at Physio.co.uk may involve:
- Stress management
- Risk assessments
- Advice on coping with difficulty driving
- Providing any equipment you may need to help with your difficulty
- Education on transferring
Driving difficulty is when a person struggle to drive their car as they normally would. They may need assistance in transferring into the car or help with other things related to driving. Physiotherapy is beneficial for anyone who is experiencing.
To book an appointment at Physio.co.uk or for further information on how we can help with your difficulty driving, please call 0330 088 7800.