Benefits of Physiotherapy Following a Forearm Amputation
The physiotherapist will play a key role in your recovery from surgery by:
- Carrying out a full respiratory assessment after you operation. Teaching you breathing exercises to clear your chest and reversing the effects of the anaesthetic.
- Assisting you to get out of bed post-operation and to mobilise. This is important to help to prevent muscle weakness and to also optimise chest function post-operation.
- Teaching skills and modifying tasks to allow you to complete them single-handed.
- Building up the overall muscle strength on the opposite side of the amputation to compensate for the missing limb.
- Giving advice and teaching techniques to cope with phantom limb pain.
- Being a source of guidance and assist with any problem you face whilst you cover.
At Physio.co.uk the physiotherapist will carry out a full assessment and work with you to develop goals to meet your needs. Losing a limb is an emotional experience and recovery is optimised with professional help. Physio.co.uk will work hard to maximise your potential and minimise any problems that may occur throughout the rehabilitation programme. To arrange an assessment please call Physio.co.uk on 0330 088 7800. . Alternatively, arrange an appointment by booking online today!