Physiotherapy treatment at Physio.co.uk will reduce pain and stiffness, accelerate healing, and mobilise and strengthen the affected area in a safe and effective way.
Your physiotherapist at Physio.co.uk will develop a structured treatment programme and set short and long term goals, in order to monitor your child's progress throughout their recovery.
Physiotherapy treatment following their surgery may include:
- Ice or heat therapy to reduce pain and stiffness
- Passive stretching to gradually improve range of movement
- Positioning to stretch out joints and prevent stiffness and help to maintain a clear chest
- Exercises that are fun and stimulating to strengthen muscles
- Practicing functional activities to promote independence
- Advice about splinting and orthotics
- Manual chest techniques if appropriate to maximise lung function
- Hydrotherapy to stretch and strengthen muscles
For more information on how physiotherapy for your baby, or to book an appointment please call 0330 088 7800, or book online today!