What are the common types of learning difficulty?
There are several common types of learning disability these include:
- Auditory and visual processing
- Non-verbal learning disabilities
What are the common reasons for a learning difficulty?
There are several common causes that cause a person to have a learning difficulty. They are mainly the result of neurological problems. Here at Physio.co.uk, our physiotherapists commonly treat people who have a learning difficulty secondary to another illness they may be suffering.
Learning difficulties are commonly dealt with by physiotherapists primarily or secondary to other illnesses an individual maybe suffering. At Physio.co.uk :
- We have experienced physiotherapists who are used to working with adults with learning difficulties.
- We can provide longer assessment and treatment sessions to get the most out of each physio programme.
- We have a good understanding of every condition and how to manage it so you get the best out of your sessions.
- We can teach not only the individual receiving treatment but the guardian/carer or family member any treatment plans to help the individual continue with treatment outside of the clinic.
- We will do our best to find the most suitable way of making each treatment easy to understand and follow.
A learning disability is when a person experiences problems with learning everyday and normal activities. At Physio.co.uk, our physiotherapists will find the best possible way for you to get the most out of your treatment session whilst taking into consideration any learning difficulties an may have.
To book an appointment at Physio.co.uk or for further information on how we can help. Please call 0330 088 7800.