Who Are Post Natal Pilates Classes Suitable For?
Post-natal Pilates are suitable to mums that are six weeks post-delivery. This will increase if you have had a caesarean section. Consult your doctor before commencing Pilates and inform your physiotherapist at your initial assessment.
What to Expect in a Post Natal Pilates Class
New mums taking part in post-natalPilates classes should expect a gentle reintroduction to exercise. You will learn basic core stability exercises which directly target the area affected during pregnancy. The Pilates exercises are mat based with the use of small equipment, all taught by a highly experienced specialist physiotherapist trained in Pilates.
Benefits of a Post Natal Pilates Class
Exercise increases the production of endorphins which make you feel great, increases your energy and reduces fatigue. Taking a post-natal Pilates class will do wonders for you. There are many more benefits to join our post-natal Pilates classes such as:
- Starting exercise again post pregnancy
- Strengthening your pelvic floor muscles which were weakened by pregnancy, helping you overcome incontinence.
- Re-educate correct postures following the natural changes in your body through pregnancy.
- Retrain your abdominal muscles to help support your spine and pelvis and recover your pre-baby shape.
- Stretch spinal and upper limb muscles to relieve tension
- Strengthen your upper body teaching you how to lift and hold your growing baby to avoid back problems
For any queries or to join a class, call Physio.co.uk today to book your post-natal Pilates appointment on 0330 088 7800