- Strengthening exercises for the trunk, upper and lower limbs and face in lying, sitting and standing
- Breaking down complex movement sequences, such as rolling in bed, into component parts to make movement smooth and efficient
- Practice with transfers and functional tasks using mental rehearsal and visual and auditory cues to initiate and maintain movement
- Muscle stretching to relieve tight muscles and maintain range of movement
- Gait training. Regular walking will also help to maintain normal exercise capacity
- Balance training
- Relaxation techniques
An individualised rehabilitation program will be developed so that you reach your maximum potential and improve your movement and ability with daily tasks.
For more information on how physiotherapy can help your movement or to book an appointment please call 0330 088 7800.