What is meant by difficulty sleeping?
Difficulty sleeping is when you find it hard to initiate or maintain sleep which can cause you to have disturbed sleep throughout the night. Difficulty sleeping can be the result of underlying problems a person maybe suffering these could include respiratory (lung) or Cardiac (heart) problems or other general problems.
How can physiotherapy help people with difficulty sleeping?
Physiotherapy will help people with difficulty sleeping so you can continue with your activities of daily living and enhance your quality of life. Our physiotherapists at Physio.co.uk will:
- Advise you on how to cope with difficulty sleeping.
- Provide you with equipment that maybe necessary.
- Provide you with knowledge to help.
- Help you to get a better sleep.
- Help you to maintain a good night’s sleep.
What physiotherapy treatments help people with difficulty sleeping?
There are various treatments that physiotherapists can carry out for people who have difficulty sleeping. A structured program tailored to your needs will be developed between you and your physiotherapist so that you get the most out of your treatment. Your physiotherapy program at Physio.co.uk may involve:
- Advice and guidance on a how to help you get good night’s sleep.
- Positioning and advice with sleeping.
- Advice on guidance to cope with problems causing lack of sleep.
- Deep breathing techniques.
- Stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Assessments on your sleeping conditions.
Difficulty sleeping is when a person finds it hard to initiate or maintain a good night’s sleep. Physiotherapy is beneficial to help anyone who has difficulty sleeping.
To book an appointment at Physio.co.uk or for further information on how we can help you with your difficulty sleeping, please call 0330 088 7800.